Greenhouse Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
(makes 8 servings)
• 1/2 Sun Belle greenhouse cucumber
• 16 slices of thin sandwich bread (white or whole wheat or a combination)
• Spreadable butter
• 4 ounces cream cheese
• 1/4 cup packed fresh mint chopped finely
1. Slice cucumbers very thinly and salt lightly.
2. Butter 8 slices of bread
3. Blend softened cream cheese with mint.
4. Spread mint cream cheese on the remaining 8 slices of bread.
5. Divide the cucumbers slices and place layered on the buttered bread.
6. Cover each slice of buttered bread with a slice spread with cream cheese.
7. Trim crusts on the resulting 8 sandwiches. Cut each sandwich into four triangles by slicing them diagonally. Serve on tray as a finger sandwich.